1) MGB GT sports cars have always had an enormous drooling fan base who adored the little cars for their opening tailgate and fold down back seat. Flashy as well as functional, the MGB GT can be found for as little as £2200.
2) Porsche 944 models have long been considered to be the classic motorist’s dream car because of their stylish lines and easy to attain high speeds. For a modest cost of around £1,495 you can make your friends and neighbours jealous as you motor about in this fine classic car.
3) Mercedes 190 was first in several categories, one of which was being a compact Mercedes! This small sporty car is fast and dynamic in appearance. For around £995 you can own a piece of stylish sports car history.
4) Triumph Spitfire has always been popular for rally style races and for weekend drives because they are just plain fun to drive! Remaining as effortlessly styled as it was originally, the Triumph Spitfire, priced at around £2,500 the Spitfire remains a bargain in automobile engineering.
5) Lotus Esprit became famous when automobile aficionados first fell in love with the stylish car when it appeared in the James Bond film “The Spy Who Loved Me” back in 1977. And for a mere £6,700 or there about you too can own this British answer to the Ferrari.
6) Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce brought attention to this particular model in the film “The Graduate” and has always been an eye pleasing Italian sports car. Today one can be found for as little as £8000 complete with fuel injection and one of the best designed tops for a convertible car ever made.
7) Datsun 2000 Roadster is another “foreign” sports car that fits the description of an affordable find. And for at or below £10,000 it gives you speed and style in a highly collectable classic older sports car. These were used for racing in their hay day and they still pack a punch among the classic race car scene.
8) E-Type Jaguars have an endearing lasting quality that endears and remains to be easily found. Originally considered to be a “high maintenance” automobile they are easy to find parts for and mechanics love to work on them. Not as affordable at around £30,000, the Jaguar is none the less a highly desired collectible with a unique driving experience.
9) Sunbeam Alpine Sports can be found for £10,000 or so depending on condition and year. The 1953 models are particularly popular with those seeking classic super cars to collect. This small roadster will never go out of favour with collectors.