Germany is one of the best car manufacturer countries besides Japan, Italy, France, U.K and USA. There are a lot of common names such as Audi, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Volkswagen, Opel and Porsche. The history of German Automobiles began in 1870 when Karl Benz and his colleague Nikolaus Otto set to start to make some experiment for car engines and the design of the vehicle that being the origin of modern cars.
Nevertheless, the German automotive industry has experienced the decline period when the “Great Depression” occurred during the late 1920s and early 1930s. And that was the saddest day for the history of the automotive world in Germany. After the “Great Depression” ended, only about a dozen German car manufacturers that survived. Ford Cologne factory, Opel and Daimler Benz were the small group which survived, and also Horch, Dampf Kraft Wagen, Audi and Wanderer.
To raise the living standards of German citizens, the Nazi Party that was in charge at that time made policy on transport in order to the Nazi party gained a good reputation from the German citizens that called Motorisierung. This policy took over the Volkswagen car company to made cheap cars and affordable for all social groups in Germany but did not reduce the quality of its vehicle.
Approximately, six million new cars produced each year in Germany, meanwhile about 4.9 million vehicles produced each year by the German brands abroad. In last decades, Japan car manufacturers such as Toyota, Nissan and Mitsubishi always being a strong contender for the German automakers. One reason why Japan cars are being a strong contender for German automakers is because of the price relatively cheap than European or the U.S brands.
If you are looking for quality and prestige but you don’t have enough budgets to buy a new one, buying used cars Germany is the right option for you. There are a lot of options to choose used cars Germany from various brands, such as Audi, BMW and Mercedes Benz.
Here are the good choices for you to buy used cars Germany from the three most popular German automakers:
Being a pioneer in the modern automotive world, Mercedes-Benz is the most famous product brand than other German automakers. For example, there are two Mercedes-Benz products that are affordable and have good quality:
- Mercedes Benz R-Class is an SUV with various combination concepts between the luxury of minivan and SUV. The R350 powered by V6 3500cc engine while R500 Series powered by V8 5000cc engine. Mercedes Benz R-Class equipped with many features such as safety, multimedia and comfort.
- Mercedes Benz M-Class is one of the most wonderful and deluxe SUVs ever in the world. And it became “Best New Sport Utility Vehicle” in the 2006 Canadian Car of the Year awards. This car powered by 3500 cc 3.5 liters V6 front engine with 92.9 mm bore, 10.7 compression ratio, 86.0 mm stroke, double overhead cam, four valves per cylinder and variable valve timing/camshaft. This car also equipped by stability control and Blue Tec diesel technology.
Founded in 1916 with the name; Bavarian Motor Works (BMW). Over the years, BMW is well known as one of the best car and motorcycle manufacturers in the world. There are two BMW products that are affordable yet have good quality:
- BMW 125i Convertible is a mini sedan car that has good performance of speed and handling. It becomes the king of convertible mini sedan. This car powered by 2996cc V6 front engine.
- BMW X3 is a compact luxury SUV with very good performance because this car uses four-wheel drive (4WD) that allows you to use it in many different roads. Since 2006, BMW X3 used in Dakar Rally competition. This car powered by 3001cc V6 with twin turbo charged diesel engine.
Audi is also well known as one of the top reputation saloon car manufacturers. The four rings logo symbolized as four car manufacturers merged; DKW, the Audi, Horch and Wanderer. There are two Audi products that are affordable and have good quality as well:
- Audi A4 is an innovative car for longer use with great design and engine. It’s the winner of “Golden Steering Wheel” award in 2008 as the best vehicle in its class. This car powered by 3196cc V6 front wheel drive.
- Audi TT is the car with exciting appearance, both design and interior. This car powered by 1999cc 4 cylinder engine, and four-wheel drive (4WD). Maybe this car is the best in selecting used cars Germany, because Audi TT has been honored with a lot of awards; Car of the Year 2006, Drive Car of the Year 2006, Coupe of the Year 2006, World Design Car of the Year 2007andAutobild Most Beautiful Car2007 as well as being a finalist for World Car of the Year.
However, whichever brands and models that you choose, buying used cars in Germany will bring you pride and joy when you drive used cars in Germany.